Its name in Basque, “Zerkausia”, refers to the wall.
Many centuries have passed since the country folk from the surrounding area began to gather here in order to sell and exchange their products. In 1898 the original covered area was knocked down, and in the following years, a new building was erected. The new building has a metal structure, and the innovative techniques and materials of the new century were used to build it. It was renovated in 2006. Each Saturday it holds a market of farm products.
People who come to see it can see the remnants of the Medieval wall through the glass panels on the floor.