Domenjón González de Andía was born and lived between these walls, in the 15th century.
As clerk of the General Assemblies of Gipuzkoa, he put an end to factional fighting and facilitated the consolidation of the Brotherhood of Gipuzkoa, the base of the current autonomous-political structure. The house was burned in the fire of 1503 and was rebuilt by his son. In the 17th century it became the headquarters of the council house. Today, all that remains are the remnants of the coat of arms and two of its five gargoyles on the eave.