It is built on a plot from the Middle Ages. Its facade of stone and brick stands out.
The bricks were produced in the municipal tileworks. It was the residency of the Poor Clare Sisters between 1612 and 1666, at the request of the owners of the palace, Miguel Mendiola and Magdalena Unanue (their coats of arms can be seen on the facade of the palace). Afterwards, the nuns moved to the Santa Clara convent, on the other side of the Navarre Bridge.